1. What is TPM management?
A: In terms of management, TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) is an activity to improve the overall efficiency of a company’s equipment.
TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) is an activity of equipment maintenance and repair based on the prevention and maintenance of the whole production system and the participation of all employees.
- What are the conditions for the successful promotion of TPM management?
A: 1) Full commitment and enthusiasm, strong support from top leaders.
2) A well-designed TPM promotion plan and roll-out procedures.
3) Establishing a reward-linked employee performance evaluation and incentive mechanism; 4) Creating a good corporate culture of TPM.
- What aspects of the basic concept of TPM management are included?
A: First, the physical improvement of personnel, second, the physical improvement of equipment, and third, the physical improvement of the enterprise.
- What are the three aspects of TPM management? What is the relationship between the three?
A: The three TPM management are full efficiency, full system, and full participation; full participation as the basis, the full system as the carrier, and full efficiency as the goal.
- What are the traditional five pillars (5 pillars) in the TPM management promotion system? The other 3 pillars in the common 8 pillars are?
A: Independent maintenance, planned maintenance, individual improvement, MP activities, and education and training are the five traditional pillars. The ordinary eight pillars also include quality maintenance, indirect affairs, and safety and health.
- What are the three effective tools for TPM management team activities?
A: Activity board, meeting (regular group meeting), and OPL (one-point course).
- What is the necessity of the TPM management activity board in group activities?
A: The TPM management activity board is a guide for the group’s activities, and the activity board can be used to understand the status of the activity.
- What is the purpose of implementing TPM management in enterprises?
A: (1) To standardize the management of equipment.
(2) Maximizing the effectiveness of equipment (long cycle time, highest overall efficiency OEE).
(3) The condition of the equipment is considered relevant by decision-makers to ordinary employees.
(4) Improving the quality of the entire workforce, creating a virtuous circle.
(5) Active maintenance-oriented, gradually achieving zero accidents, zero defects, and zero failures.
(6) Reduce the cost of equipment maintenance and overhaul.
(7) Improving the quality of overhaul.
(8) To meet the needs of the plant to the maximum extent with the best spare parts stock.
- TPM management autonomous maintenance activities are?
A: Activities are undertaken by the production operation department to prevent equipment deterioration.
- What is the purpose of TPM management autonomous maintenance?
A: To create the best condition of equipment, tools, workplaces, and offices, and to train expert technicians in production.
- Definition of TPM management defect?
A: The cause of equipment loss such as failure or quality problem is called a defect.
- What are the most basic tasks of equipment maintenance in TPM management?
A: Cleaning, lubricating, tightening, and plugging leaks.
- What are the categories of TPM management point inspection?
A: Daily spot check, regular spot check, special spot check, and precision spot check.
- What are the main aspects of the difficult parts of TPM management?
A: The difficult parts of TPM management include: difficult parts of cleaning, difficult parts of point inspection, difficult parts of the operation, and difficult parts of oiling.
- what is cleaning and inspection activity?
A: The activity to find out the unreasonable and improve and recover by cleaning and inspecting the site.
- What are the 5 senses in TPM management point inspection?
Answer: Asking, smelling, seeing, touching, and listening.
- What is the activity method of initial cleaning?
A: Clearly identify the person in charge of each piece of equipment, remove the source of contamination and find the reason for the unreasonable occurrence, and consider making appropriate tools when cleaning many places that are not easy to clean.
- What is spot photography?
A: It is to take pictures of the same equipment in the same place and from the same angle before and after improvement to compare the condition before and after improvement.
- Why is failure caused by human beings?
A: Ultimately, failures are caused by the mistakes of human thinking and behavior.
- What does TPM management organization activity mean?
A: To clearly distinguish all items in the workplace into necessary and unnecessary items.
- What is the purpose of TPM management organization activities?
A: To remove unnecessary items and store necessary items in a designated place that is easy to find/convenient and practical.
- What does TPM management tidying activity mean?
A: To designate and mark the storage place and quantity, and store them neatly in order to find and use the necessary items easily.
- What is the method of TPM management reorganization?
A: 1) 3 fixed activities (fixed point, fixed capacity, and fixed quantity); 2) Use of item status boards so that anyone can easily understand the current status of items; 3) Clear marking of area lines.
- What is the concept of TPM management spotting?
A: The point where items are properly placed and stacked in the right place, i.e. clear place identification.
- What is the concept of TPM management fixed capacity?
A: What container, posture, and color are used to determine the name of the items clearly identified.
- What is the concept of TPM management quantitative?
A: Determine the specific quantity (e.g. maximum quantity, minimum quantity) / height of the items clearly marked.
- What does cleaning in TPM management 6S activities mean?
A: Continuous cleaning activities to maintain a clean state of organization and tidiness.
- What does cleaning in TPM management 6S activities refer to?
A: Maintain the state of finishing, organizing, and cleaning.
- What is the specific content of the “cross operation method” for equipment operation and maintenance?
A: Cleaning, lubrication, adjustment, tightening, corrosion prevention
30 equipment operation to do “four no”, which is “four no”?
A: not allowed to overtemperature, not allowed to overpressure, not allowed to exceed the speed, not allowed to overload
- operators should master the “three good four will” what is the main content?
A: Three good: good management of equipment, good equipment, repair equipment.
Four will: will use, will maintain, will check, will troubleshoot
- equipment lubrication management to strictly implement the “five fixed three filters” system, “five fixed three filters” specific meaning is?
A: five: fixed person, fixed point, fixed quality, quantitative, timing.
Three filters: from the oil vat to the post storage tank, from the post storage tank to the oil pot, and from the oil pot to the equipment refueling point.
- Equipment maintenance should adhere to the principle of “three no-shift”, the meaning of “three no-shift” is?
A: No shift is not in accordance with quality standards, no shift is not handed over without maintenance records, and no shift is not handed over without qualified safety and hygiene.
What is the purpose of TPM management team activities?
A: The purpose of TPM management team activities is to reconcile the desires and pursuits of enterprises and individuals, to improve the performance of enterprises and the satisfaction of individuals in achieving their goals, and to realize their own pursuits; secondly, to play the role of leaders.
- what is natural deterioration?
A: Natural deterioration means that although the equipment is used in the correct way, over time, the equipment undergoes physical changes and the initial performance begins to decline.
- What is forced deterioration? Can forced deterioration be controlled?
A: Forced deterioration is when employees do not operate as they should and artificially contribute to the deterioration. For example, refueling is not done where it should be done, the amount of refueling is too little or the cycle is too long. Forced deterioration can be controlled.
- How to set the goal of TPM management team activities?
A: The goal of the TPM management team should firstly be connected with the company’s and factory’s goals; the team’s goal should be more specific; it should be more challenging to strive for; the goal should be determined independently by the team members.
- How to eliminate the losses existing in the enterprise?
A: First, the defects that are prone to losses should be identified in advance and eliminated to prevent losses; second, potential defects should be treated as defects and efforts should be made to eliminate this defect.
- What is the meaning of TPM management independent maintenance?
A: The maintenance activities in which all the employees of the TPM management team participate are called “autonomous maintenance activities with the participation of all employees”. There are two meanings here: to manage one’s own equipment and to be an expert operator of the equipment.
- How do you manage your own equipment in a self-management activity?
A: You can perform daily inspection, oiling, fastening, simple parts replacement and repair, early detection of abnormalities, and accurate inspection of the equipment you are responsible for.
- What is the ability to be an expert equipment operator?
A: Ability to detect equipment abnormalities; ability to perform recovery measures for abnormal phenomena; ability to determine benchmarks; ability to maintain equipment management.
- What are the 6 major unreasonable initial cleanups in the first phase of TPM management autonomous maintenance?
A: 1) Removal of micro-defects and contaminants.
2) The rectification of basic conditions.
3) The search for difficult parts.
4) The search for the occurrence source.
5) The search for don’t, not urgent products.
6) Finding unsafe points
- What is tidying up?
A: Tidying up is to clearly distinguish all items in the workplace into necessary and unnecessary items; necessary items are placed in the designated place; unnecessary items are registered and placed in the storage place or disposed of.
- What is tidying?
A: Reorganization is to standardize the storage of the necessary items and the usable items after reorganization, and clearly indicate where they are, what they are, and how many of them there are so that whoever looks at them can understand them at a glance.
- What is the purpose of cleaning?
A: The purpose of cleaning is to remove potential mental defects (such as indifference, blindness, and ignorance) from the perspective of the environment, and to believe that you can do the things you are supposed to do well.
- What is the meaning of 6S in TPM management activities?
A: Organize: to be and not to be, a stay and a discard; tidy: scientific layout, quick access; clean: remove the garbage, beautify the environment; clean: form a system, implement to the end; literacy: comply with the system, develop good habits; safety: safe operation, life first.
- What are the 6 main aspects of the occurrence of sources?
A: Including pollution source, defect source, failure source, danger source, waste source, and bad occurrence source.
- What is the purpose of the “2step” two-stage activity to solve the sources of occurrence and difficult parts?
A: To create a comfortable working environment, reduce the workload of workers, improve the causes of failures and various losses, and improve productivity by improving the sources and difficult areas.
- What is planned maintenance?
A: Planned maintenance is an activity to improve equipment reliability through preventive maintenance involving all employees in the maintenance department.
- What is the meaning of 4W2H which is often used in activities?
A: WHO: who will do it.
WHEN: when to do it.
WHERE: where to do it.
WHY: why do it.
HOW: how to do it.
HOW MUCH/MANY: how far to do it
- What is the TPM management visual kanban strategy?
A: Visual kanban strategy refers to the standardization activities of item storage methods that can be managed visually by showing the normal and abnormal status of the item storage methods at a glance.
- What is the initial cleaning activity of the first phase of TPM management?
A: The initial cleaning activity in the first phase of TPM maintenance means that the cleaning of the environment and equipment is carried out at the same time as the search for unreasonable points, i.e. the cleaning here includes the meaning of point inspection.
- Why do we need to understand the structure and function of the equipment we are responsible for before the cleaning activity?
A: Because only by understanding and familiarizing yourself with your own equipment before the activity can you better find the unreasonable point in the activity, and at the same time prevent the problem or accident in the activity to ensure safety.
- What are the core elements of the initial cleaning activities?
A: The implementation of the initial cleaning, finding unreasonable items; improving the proposed unreasonable.
- What is the purpose of fixed-point photography?
A: 1) The group can gain a sense of accomplishment and increase their confidence by comparing before and after examples; 2) They can show to the leader when conducting TOP diagnosis.
- What is the purpose of making a benchmark book?
A: To maintain the results of activities and maintain the state of the site. Maintaining management keeps the site in good condition and prevents the site from reverting to the previous condition when doing stage activities.
- How many aspects are included in the main contents of the diagnosis of the first stage of self-maintenance?
Ans: 1) The condition of the present objects on site.
2) Confirmation of the management of movable plates.
3) The condition of personnel.
- What is the difference between cleaning in 6S and cleaning in the initial cleaning activity?
A: Cleaning in 6S is mainly for cleaning equipment and the environment, while initial cleaning includes finding unreasonable points.
- What is OPL education?
A: OPL is a one-point course, alias “10-minute education”, which refers to the education method of organizing a project point on a piece of paper and then educating the group members for 5~10 minutes to release the questionable points.
The main focus of education is on the doubt point.
- What kind of effect is to be achieved by carrying out the activity of countermeasures for difficult parts of the occurrence source in the second stage?
A: 1) The project content of the activity becomes less and less.
2) The period of group activities becomes longer and longer.
3) The duration of each cleaning activity becomes shorter and shorter.
- What is the difference between making a phased plan and a monthly plan for TPM management?
A: The TPM management stage plan does not need to determine the person in charge of each item, while the monthly plan should be detailed and specific, determine the person in charge of each task, determine the specific date, and pay attention to the fact that it cannot be through from the beginning to the end of the month as far as possible.
- The depth of Why-Why analysis for preventing recurrence countermeasures?
A: 1) technical reasons: design defects, manufacturing defects, installation defects until they occur.
2) Management reasons: Is there a standard? Are the standards adequate? Understanding the standard? Standard implementation capability? Standard implementation evaluation?
- briefly describe the relationship between failure – deterioration – recovery?
A: Deterioration in the process of gradually approaching failure; recovery is the process of returning to the normal state, and failure occurs when the strength of the item is lower than the stress load amount during the deterioration process.
- What is a 3M activity?
A: Preventive Maintenance (PM – PreventiveMaintenance), Predictive Maintenance (PM – PredictiveMaintenance), and Corrective Maintenance (CM – CorrectiveMaintenance) are referred to as 3M activities.
- What is preventive maintenance?
A: The maintenance of equipment without failure through regular spot checks.
- What is predictive maintenance?
A: Maintenance that uses precision instruments to diagnose and analyze the condition of equipment, predict the degree of deterioration, and take measures before equipment failure.
- What is improvement maintenance?
A: Improvement activities to improve equipment reliability, maintainability, safety, etc., regardless of whether the equipment has defects or not.
- What is the core of CM activities?
A: The core is to inspect and find out the problems in the unit equipment without missing anything, and to focus on the improvement activities with the participation of all employees.
- What are the key elements of cleaning activities?
A: First of all, the sweeper should personally sweep the activity area one by one; thoroughly clean the dirt, and find the root cause of pollution in the sweeping.
- What should be noted in the equipment cleaning inspection?
A: In cleaning inspection, we should pay attention to researching and developing cleaning tools; working in parallel with source solution countermeasures, and determining the order of cleaning.
- What is the habituation (literacy) in 6S activities?
A: Proficiency in organizing, tidying, cleaning, cleaning, and safety, and the ability to practice and implement the system correctly at all times.
- What are the two main directions of pollution source control?
A: One direction is source control, and the other direction is protected to prevent the spread of pollution.
- How to effectively solve the source of cleaning difficulties?
A: There are two main directions, one is to control the source, so that these difficult-to-clean parts are not easy to be contaminated, such as equipment with a protective cover; the second is to design and develop special cleaning tools so that the difficult-to-clean into easy clean.
- Should TPM activities be based on positive or negative incentives, and why?
A: Positive motivation should be the main focus. Because people are happy to be praised and encouraged, encouragement can make people’s potential be stimulated more.
- When inspecting equipment, what elements should be determined?
A: Should determine the inspection area, route, cycle, key inspection parts, and inspection content requirements.
- briefly describe the sequence of cleaning activities?
A: 1) before the cleaning activities: preparation, planning, investigation of the object equipment, ready tools, and safety education.
2) during the activity: carry out an unreasonable search.
(3) After the activity: gather to record the unreasonable search of each person, discuss and formulate countermeasures, summarize the problems in this activity, and prepare for the next activity.
- What is the purpose of making the benchmark of cleaning inspection?
A: The purpose is to maintain the results of the activity, keep the site in good condition, and prevent the site from reverting to the previous appearance when doing the stage activity by maintaining management.
- What is the process of consolidation activities?
A: 1) List of necessary items on site.
2) Deciding the place of keeping according to the frequency of use.
3) fixing photos and location marking.
4) Management of three fixings (fixing point, fixing capacity, fixing quantity).
5) Establishment of the improvement implementation plan; 6) Improvement implementation.
- What are the main elements of the equipment-centered 2step activities?
A: Improvement activities for sources and difficult areas centered on thorough zero-leakage activities, and activities centered on ensuring simplicity and convenience of operation.
- What is the abbreviation of LCC, what does it mean, and what are the specific contents?
A: LCC is the abbreviation of Life Cycle Cost, which means equipment life cycle cost.
It includes the sum of all costs paid for the demonstration, development, production, use, maintenance, decommissioning disposal, and material recovery of the equipment during its expected life cycle.
- Why should the TOP diagnosis be performed in TPM management activities?
A: 1) Opportunity for the group to show the TOP to achieve results.
2) The opportunity for TOP to motivate and reward the group.
- What are the implementation essentials of TPM management rectification?
A: 1) Determining the place of keeping goods, which should be easy to use.
2) To tidy up the facilities of the storage place.
3) Implementation of three markings for items.
4) Standardized maintenance management.
- Why is the countermeasure for difficult parts of the occurrence source carried out as a phase?
A: Because it is not easy to improve the difficult parts of the occurrence sources found in the first phase of TPM, and it takes some time to investigate the causes, it is implemented as a phase.
- What is the purpose of the stage diagnosis?
A: 1) To demonstrate the process of group activities and the results achieved.
2) To point out the deficiency points and the parts that need to be improved.
3) To promote the group’s TPM activities and finally make the group meet the requirements of the stage.
- What is the difference between OPL education and our current traditional education?
A: The current traditional education is unidirectional education, while OPL education is a two-way education in which employees make their own teaching materials and educate each other by explaining what they think is needed.
Besides this 85 FAQs of TPM Management article, you may also be interested in the below articles?