What are injection molding porous metals?
Porous metals are made from metal powders and sintered at high temperatures. It is also called porous material or porous sintered metal, used in injection molds to porous venting air, etc.
Porous metals are metal materials that have small pores and have both the characteristics of porous and metal.
Porous metals consist of a solid metal/alloy matrix with empty or fluid-filled voids or pores. If the voids are connected, porous metals are said to be open-celled; Otherwise, they are referred to as close-celled.
The Porous metals can be porous brass material or porous stainless steel material is mostly used in the injection molding industry.
DGMF Mold Clamps Co., Ltd provides porous metal bushings, tubes, sheets, and custom components from durable metal alloys.
PM-35-7 μm (7μm small pore)
PM-35-25 μm (25μm medium pore)
PM-35-35 μm (35μm large pore)
Why the porous metal is good for the injection molding industry?
1. Reduces injection pressure, injection molding, and holding time.
2. Reduces and eliminates internal stresses in injection-molded parts and prevents deformation of injection-molded products.
3. The surface skin pattern of plastic parts, due to high temperature and pressure, can be solved by the bright skin pattern, which requires a matt surface for injection molding.
4. The close fit of the mold parting surfaces solves the problem of difficult mold opening.
5. It is possible to solve and alleviate difficult molding problems such as misaligned gates, uneven wall thicknesses, and thin-walled products.
6. Injection molding defects such as scorching, flow marks, lack of material, and deformation of parts caused by air absorption can be fully solved.
Porous sintered metal filter for plastic molds porous steel advantages
1. Use of moving molds for injection molding
2. Reducing injection pressure, molding, and holding time
3. Solve the problems of injection molding, such as burrs and difficult molding
4. Solve the problems of deformation and difficult mold opening
Stainless Steel Porous Metal Component Features:
Low specific weight, high strength, good energy absorption, good vibration control, high specific surface area;
Metal material with a breathable function, which allows the part to exhaust itself;
Material: PM-35 (2Cr16-T material equals SUS 430);
The structure of breathable steel is similar to the fused state of miniature steel spheres, which are evenly distributed with tiny mesh holes between the spheres, covering approximately 30% of the body;
The material is suitable for the processing of injection molded parts because of its good machinability and rust and corrosion resistance.;
Product specifications: The original material can be supplied in specified sizes, or the parts can be processed according to customer drawings.
Stainless Steel Porous Metal Filters Specifications
This porous brass metal component product is suitable for hollow blow molding, shoe molding, injection molding, and other mold exhaust, and can also be used for filtering other products.
Model: See specifications below
Exhaust gap: 3-16 (height 10) thick end of about 40 mesh, fine end of about 80-120 mesh; other height according to the stock situation
Hole diameter 0.1-0.5mm
Packing: 100 pieces in a small pack
Porous Brass Metal Component Features:
Good exhaust air/porous venting
High temperature resistant
Easy to clean
Porous Brass Component Specifications
Porous Brass and Stainless Steel Mesh Sintered Metal Filter Features
These porous metal filters are developed for casting molds and foam molds and are easy to replace and have excellent performance.
Porous metal bushings have been widely used in core box mold casting, gravity casting, vacuum casting, injection molding, and other processes.
Porous Metal Filters Uses:
Air venting porous metal filters are a kind of mold accessory which can be used inside the mold to expel air and other miscellaneous gases so as to improve the quality of the mold products.
It is used for the exhaust of low-pressure casting molds of aluminum, copper, tin, and other non-ferrous metals and alloys, such as injection molding molds, gravity casting molds, vacuum casting molds, low-pressure casting molds, etc.
Casting porous metal filter has two functions:
1. To make the sand core shot solid;
2. The cold core box is to ensure that the blowing hard gas penetrates the entire sand core, without producing dead space.
In a broad sense, casting includes die-casting, but we usually say that the die-casting is through the die-casting machine high-pressure casting.
Casting in a narrow sense refers to sand core casting. We offer porous metal filters for casting molds in aluminum, copper, etc.
Porous Brass and Stainless Steel Mesh Sintered Metal Filter Specifications
|Porous Metal Bushings Specifications||Diameter/mm||Height/mm||Material||Remarks|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-BS0608||6||8||Brass and SS||M6x8|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-BS0808||8||8||Brass and SS||M8x8|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-BS1008||10||8||Brass and SS||M10x8|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-BS1208||12||8||Brass and SS||M12x8|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-BS1408||14||8||Brass and SS||M14x8|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-BS1608||16||8||Brass and SS||M16x8|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-BS2008||20||8||Brass and SS||M20x8|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-BS2508||25||8||Brass and SS||M25x8|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-BS2808||28||8||Brass and SS||M28x8|
Porous Sintered Metal Plates Features
Material: PM-35 (2Cr16-T material equals to SUS 430);
Average pore size: 3um-25um
Flexural strength: kgf/mm2 7075
Gasification volume: 25
Tensile strength: kgf/mm2 4550
Hardness (HV): 350-400
A porous metal insert material was developed for the exhaust function.
A porous structure product made of sintered stainless steel (equivalent to SUS430).
The function of improving the appearance of formed products.
It can be used in any direction, so it can be used for complex shapes and large areas.
Can be machined or laser machined to suit the shape of the formed product.
Porous Sintered Metal Plates Specifications
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-SS5050||50||50||50||SUS 430/2Cr 16-T||M50x50x50|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-SS50100||50||50||100||SUS 430/2Cr 16-T||M50x50x100|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-SS7530||75||75||30||SUS 430/2Cr 16-T||M75x75x30|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-SS10010||100||100||10||SUS 430/2Cr 16-T||M100x100x10|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-SS10020||100||100||20||SUS 430/2Cr 16-T||M100x100x20|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-SS10030||100||100||30||SUS 430/2Cr 16-T||M100x100x30|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-SS10040||100||100||40||SUS 430/2Cr 16-T||M100x100x40|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-SS10050||100||100||50||SUS 430/2Cr 16-T||M100x100x50|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-SS10060||100||100||60||SUS 430/2Cr 16-T||M100x100x60|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-SS10080||100||100||80||SUS 430/2Cr 16-T||M100x100x80|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-SS100100||100||100||100||SUS 430/2Cr 16-T||M100x100x100|
|DGMF-MOLD-CLAMPS-PM-35-SS20080||200||150||80||SUS 430/2Cr 16-T||M200x150x80|
Stainless Steel Porous Stainless Steel Porous Materials
Height: 5mm to 130mm
Width: 10mm to 130mm
Length: 50mm to 600mm
Stainless Steel Porous Metal Round Bar
Diameter:2mm to 50mm
Length:100mm to 200mm
1. The product may be shipped with a ground surface, the two ends of the action should be soft-machined when used.
2. The material cannot be forged or welded.
3. Not suitable for die-casting and casting molds.
Use Porous Metals methods and attention
1. The position, size, and quantity should be reasonably arranged on the mold. It is recommended to be used on moving molds.
2. Ventilation holes and air inlet joints for maintenance should be designed on the mold.
Its function is to.
To vent the gas out of the mold.
High-pressure air should be regularly connected and dirt removed to keep the micro-perforations of the gas-permeable steel open.
3. Pay attention to the grinding wheel, milling cutter, lathe, file, grinder, and other hard-cutting processing (hard cutting is
(hard cutting refers to the cutting mode that has strong force on the workpiece and produces changes in the surface organization), which may block the micro-hole.
The holes may be blocked.
Soft cutting (soft cutting is a cutting mode that exerts a slight force on the workpiece, but does not produce changes in the surface structure), such as wire-cutting, electric pulses, and lasers, should be used, and the processing speed should be increased slightly during wire-cutting.
Machining margin can be used when the hard cutting process must be left with 0.1 ~ 0.2mm margin for soft processing to complete.
4. The size of the air permeability of breathable steel is directly proportional to the surface area, the larger the surface area, the greater the air permeability.
The higher the height, the weaker the air permeability. The diameter and height should be chosen reasonably.
5. Reasonable use of polishing, the ideal is to use ultrasonic machine processing, which can be processed to 800-1000# sandpaper or oil stone, should always check the air permeability, preferably assembly is completed while the air intake polishing.
Processing After cleaning with acetone, if you use ultrasonic plus acetone cleaning, the effect is better.
6. Assembly should not be directly knocked with hard objects, this will close the micro-hole, should be hardwood or purple copper and other pads knocked
Use hardwood or bronze pads.
7. After assembly, use acetone or paraffin to coat the surface as a medium, and use the air outlet to enter the high-pressure air to check the air permeability.
The effect of air permeation. The entire surface should be bubbling evenly and strongly as normal.
8. If the air permeability is found to be reduced, it can be compensated by soft processing such as a strengthening machine, electric pulse, laser, etc., and cleaned with acetone and left to dry completely.
The material can be cleaned with acetone and restored when completely dry.
9. As the material is a net-like microporous tissue, it should not be used as a large area or overall mold structure.
Otherwise, the precision of the plastic product will be reduced and the life of the mold will be lowered.
DGMF Mold Clamps Co., Ltd is the mold clamps manufacturer and the injection mold components, die press components, machine tools, and fasteners supplier in China, we provide standard and customized products for your best choice.
DGMF Mold Clamps Co., Ltd supplies the ejector pins, straight ejector pins, ejector sleeve pins, ejector blades, shoulder ejector pins, guide pins, core pins, angle pins, dowel pins, guide bushing, A-type sprue bushing, B-type sprue bushing, C-type sprue bushing, small gate sprue bushing, big gate sprue bushing, etc.
Contact the DGMF team for the brass and stainless steel porous sintered metal specification, brass and stainless steel porous sintered metal pricing, and brass and stainless steel porous sintered metal inventory.
Or other components you need.