What is a Heavy-duty Engine Cylinder Honing Mandrel Tool?
The Heavy-duty Engine Cylinder Honing Mandrel Tools honing head is an engine cylinder honing tool that must be used in the honing process. Widely used for machining cylinder bores, cylinder barrels, valve bores, and the CNC/lathe machinery industry, especially for honing machines.
What are the types of engine cylinder honing tool cylinder hone heads?
The engine cylinder head hones include horizontal cylinder head honing mandrel tools and vertical cylinder head honing mandrel tools.
The Heavy-duty Engine Cylinder Honing Mandrel Tools are supplied by DGMF Mold Clamps Co., Ltd, the mold clamps Manufacturer in China that also provides injection mold components, die press components, machine tools, and fasteners for your best choice.
The Engine Cylinder Hone Kit Specifications
Remarks: Engine cylinder honing kits or individual cylinder head honing mandrel tool components can be supplied
Engine Cylinder Honing Tool’s Features
Strict standard product design
Long service life
Easy to use
I. Structural features of the DGMF-Mold-Clamps-SMT30 cylinder head honing mandrel tool
1. The cylinder head honing mandrel tool is suitable for honing machines, rocker drills, hand drills, and any machine tool capable of reciprocal rotation.
2. Made of high-quality steel finishing, good strength, and long service life; high processing accuracy, the honing head can precisely adjust the radial dimension, and the tolerance of the processed hole can reach GB1800IT5.
3. Four-jaw structure design, stable structure, flexible use, fast honing speed, sanding bar specification 60*5*3mm, suitable for a diamond or CBN sanding bar.
4. The cylinder head honing mandrel tool adjustment range is 30-42mm. The smallest hole can be honed to 30mm, and the largest can be honed to 42mm. Equipped with 3 sets of the low, medium, and high height sanding bar holders, low sanding bar holders to grind 30-34 holes, medium sanding bar holders to grind 34-38mm holes, high sanding bar holders to grind 38-42mm holes.
5. The cylinder head honing mandrel tool is manually adjusted using an adjusting nut, left-hand rotation is for enlargement, and right-hand rotation is for reduction.
6. The cylinder head honing mandrel tool is 160mm long, with a total length of about 290mm, plus the universal connecting rod, which is 12mm in diameter.
II. Precautions for using the DGMF-Mold-Clamps-SMT30 cylinder head honing mandrel tool
1. Before honing, the reciprocating stroke of the honing head should be adjusted well. It is the part of the abrasive strip sticking out from the upper or lower end of the workpiece in the honing hole, which is about one-quarter of the length of the abrasive strip and chooses the suitable feeding amount.
2. Before using the new sanding strip, the strip should be rounded, i.e., the sanding strip should be ground with the workpiece hole. Only when the sanding bar is rounded can the roundness and cylindricity of the honed hole be guaranteed. The roundness and cylindricity of the honed hole can only be guaranteed if the sanding bar is rounded.
DGMF-Mold-Clamps-SMT30 cylinder head honing mandrel tool use precautions.
1. Before honing, the reciprocating stroke of the honing head should be adjusted well so that the sanding bar sticks out of the upper end of the workpiece in the honing hole or the top end.
The upper or lower part of the workpiece sticking out of the honing hole is about one-fourth of the length of the sanding bar.
One-quarter of the length of the honing bar, and choose a suitable feed amount.
2. Before using the new sanding strip, the sanding strip should be rounded. The sanding strip should be ground with the workpiece hole.
Only when the sanding bar is rounded can the roundness and cylindricity of the honed hole be guaranteed.
The roundness and cylindricity of the honed hole can only be guaranteed if the sanding bar is rounded.
DGMF-Mold-Clamps-H41B (adjustable range 39-66mm) manually adjustable, 4-jaw honing head with 8-piece grit holder
DGMF-Mold-Clamps-H50C (adjustable range 48-80mm) manually adjustable, four-jaw honing head with eight sanding bars
DGMF-Mold-Clamps-H101 (adjustable range 66-140mm) manually adjustable, four-jaw honing head with eight grit holders
The cylinder head honing mandrel tool DGMF-Mold-Clamps-H101 is a manually adjustable honing head.
Honing bore adjustable range is 66-140mm, four-jaw construction, aluminum alloy.
Suitable for honing small batches
It can be fitted to honing machines and rocker drills.
All high-quality steel cylinder head honing mandrel tools are commonly available in the following sizes: (other sizes can be customized)
DGMF-Mold-Clamps-MT40, adjustable range 40-62mm, manually or motorized, four-jaw honing head
DGMF-Mold-Clamps-MT62, adjustable range 62-82mm, manual or motorized, five-jaw honing head
The cylinder head honing mandrel tool DGMF-Mold-Clamps-MT62 honing head is a manually adjustable honing head with a honing range of 62-82, in five-jaw construction, in all steel, for batch honing and can be used on simple honing machines and rocker drills.
DGMF-Mold-Clamps-MT82, adjustable range 82-110mm, manual or motorized five-jaw honing head
The cylinder head honing mandrel tool DGMF-Mold-Clamps-MT82 honing head is an accurate and strong honing tool due to its design, fine production, and the use of high-quality steel.
DGMF-Mold-Clamps-MT110, Adjustable range 110-170mm, Manual or motorized 5-jaw honing
All steel honing heads are commonly available in the following sizes: (other sizes can be customized)
DGMF-Mold-Clamps-DMT90 honing head construction features
1. Only suitable for Dahe M4215 honing machine, connected to ML2 connecting rod, interface diameter 52mm
2. Made of high-quality steel, suitable for high-strength honing use
3. Five claw structure design, matching abrasive bar specification is 120*12*12mm
4. Honing range 90-122mm, with 4 different height sanding bar holders
DMT90 honing head Engine Cylinder Hone Kit contains all items
1. One honing head body (one set of one cone)
2. 10 top pins
3. 20 sanding bar holders
4. 20 green silicon carbide sanding bars of 180#
5. 4 springs
What is honing?
Honing, also known as boring, is finishing a finishing surface with an oil stone (also known as a honing bar/cylinder hone stone) set into the honing head.
Honing is used in conjunction with the honing oil stone. It can greatly improve the machining accuracy and productivity of the parts with high precision and measurability. It can complete the general honing process and platform honing technology, etc.
The product specifications range from φ15 to φ1000, and various non-standard specifications can also be made according to user requirements.
The deep-hole honing head is adapted to vertical or deep-hole cylinder heads. We can use the honing cylinder head to do all kinds of deep-hole workpieces. The same is a small field when the tool uses the boring process.
What is the honing processing?
The workpiece is mounted on the honing table or in a clamp when honing. The honing head with several cylinder hone stones is inserted into the machined hole, driven by the machine tool spindle to rotate and make axial reciprocating movements.
The oil stone/cylinder hone stone strips are brought into contact with the hole wall with a certain pressure to cut away a very thin layer of metal. The Engine Cylinder Honing Mandrel Tool honing head is generally connected to the spindle in a floating connection.
There are several types of Engine Cylinder Honing Mandrel Tool honing heads: mechanical pressurized, pneumatic, or hydraulic with automatic pressure regulation.
The hydraulic pressure regulating type Engine Cylinder Honing Mandrel Tool is mostly used in production.
What are the characteristics of the honing process?
① Honing is an efficient processing method to make the workpiece processing surface achieve high precision, high surface quality, and high life, which can effectively improve the dimensional accuracy, shape accuracy, and reduce Ra value, but cannot improve the position accuracy of the hole and other surfaces.
② It can process cast iron parts, hardened and unhardened steel parts, and bronze parts, but it is not suitable for processing tough non-ferrous metal parts.
③ Honing is mainly used for hole processing. The original processing hole center is used for guidance in the hole-honing process. The processing hole diameter range is φ5 ~ φ500, and the depth-to-diameter ratio can reach 10.
④ Honing is widely used in mass production for machining cylinder holes, cylinder barrels, valve holes, and various gun barrels. It can also be used in single-piece small batch production.
⑤ Coaxiality cannot be determined when honing.
⑥ Compared with grinding, honing reduces workers’ physical labor, high productivity, and easy automation.
What is the application of honing?
Honing is mainly used for processing various cylindrical holes with an aperture of 5 to 500 mm or larger, such as cylinder barrels, valve holes, connecting rod holes and box holes, etc. The ratio of hole depth to aperture can be up to 10 or even larger.
Under certain conditions, honing can also process external circles, flat surfaces, spherical surfaces, tooth surfaces, etc. Cylindrical honing surface roughness generally up to Ra0.32 ~ 0.08 micron, fine honing up to Ra0.04 micron or less, and can improve the geometric accuracy of a small amount, processing accuracy up to IT7- 4.
The surface quality of flat honing is slightly worse.
How does a honing machine work?
Honing is generally done with a honing machine. The machine tool spindle and engine cylinder honing head are generally floating coupled; however, to improve the ability to correct the geometry of the workpiece, a rigid coupling can also be used.
When honing a hole, the engine cylinder honing mandrel head is generally set with 2 to 10 oil stones/cylinder hone stones around the outer circumference, driven by the machine tool spindle to rotate in the hole and make a linear reciprocating motion at the same time, which is the main motion.
At the same time, through the Engine Cylinder Honing Mandrel Tool in the spring or hydraulic pressure control, oil stone is evenly outside up to be processed hole wall for radial feed.